"Education is the best provision for old age."
What Highpoint OffersAbout Highpoint
Since 1976 when the school was founded, Highpoint has maintained a small student-teacher ratio, excellent teachers, an advanced academic curriculum and a warm and nurturing family environment. Highpoint has grown to be one of the most prestigious, fully accredited, bilingual private schools in South Florida.
Highpoint is an independent, non-sectarian, co-educational, private accredited school enrolling students from two years old through the 8th Grade. Highpoint graduates are accepted at the top High Schools in Miami and they consistently place on Honors and AP Programs.
What we offer:
- LOW TUITION RATES
- BEFORE/AFTER-SCHOOL PROGRAMS (7:00 A.M. TO 6:00 P.M.) INCLUDED IN TUITION
- SMALL STUDENT-TEACHER RATIOS
- DIVERSIFIED STUDENT POPULATION
- EMPHASIS ON BILINGUAL EDUCATION
- DEGREED, BILINGUAL TEACHERS
- OUTSTANDING EXTRA-CURRICULAR PROGRAMS FOR ALL AGES OPPORTUNITIES FOR MEMBERSHIP IN THE MIDDLE SCHOOL’S “ACE” HONORS PROGRAM AND THE NATIONAL JUNIOR HONOR SOCIETY (NJHS)
- “CHARACTER EDUCATION PROGRAMS” ARE IMPLEMENTED THROUGH THE YEAR
- PARENT-TEACHER ORGANIZATION (PTO)
- EXCELLENT SUMMER CAMP AND SUMMER SCHOOL PROGRAMS
- ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY
- ADVANCED ACADEMIC CURRICULUM • Emphasis on 21st Century Learning
- OPTIONAL CATECHISM CLASSES • Although Highpoint is Non-Denominational, optional Catechism classes in the Catholic Religion are offered.
- PARENT-TEACHER COMMUNICATION: • We believe that good communication between Parents and Teachers is essential for a child’s success in school.
- POSITIVE REINFORCEMENT • Students are continuously rewarded for their efforts.
- STANDARDIZED TESTING • Stanford Achievement Tests (SAT's) are administered to Kindergarten thru 8th Grade students each year.
• All classrooms have interactive SMARTBoards.
• iPads are integrated to the curriculum as an additional learning tool. All students are required to bring their iPad (in a hard protective case) to school each day with required Apps for each subject area.
• High-speed internet access with Wi-Fi capabilities.
• Flat-screen computers in all classrooms.
• In-House TV Station (“HNN” Highpoint News Network.) Students direct and edit weekly programming by Students.
• Virtual Education access by Middle School Students through enrollment in the Florida Virtual School and other virtual programs.
• Common Core Standards
• Sunshine State Standards and The Creative Curriculum Programs
• Student centered, teacher facilitated Learning
• Emphasis on critical thinking, collaboration, creativity, imagination, teamwork, exploration, character development.
• Children may be prepared to receive the Sacrament of the "First Holy Communion" each year at St. Kevin Catholic Church.
• "Parent-Teacher Appointments" take place approximately every 9 weeks so that Parents can come to our school to pick up the Quarterly Progress Reports and speak with their child's Teacher privately during pre-scheduled times.
• A “Highpoint Families” website is easily accessible in order to provide our Students and Parents with all pertinent information regarding our school. The site includes News & Announcements, all Policies & Procedures, Photos/Videos of Students at work or at play, all required School Forms and links to websites for each Classroom and more. This is a primary source of information for our Students and their Parents.
• All average grades (for 1st thru 8th Grade students) are posted on Ed-Line regularly for easy Parent access. Weekly Lesson Plans, Bi-Weekly Reports of Activities (for pre-school), Interim Progress Reports, Behavior Log Reports and other forms are regularly provided to Parents to keep them informed.
• Weekly "Behavior Modification (BM) Sessions" where elementary students gather to listen to announcements, make class or individual presentations and/or share their talents. The "Students of the Week", "Class of the Week" and "Teacher of the Week" are honored during this weekly Ceremony.
• Results serve to provide comparisons with National Norms. (Cost is included in the Registration Fee). Results are posted and individual scores are given to Parents. (Students are NOT required to take the FCAT.)